Food security is high on the agenda due to Climate change, COVID-19, and war in Europe. A robust food system is urgently needed, and stakeholders and researchers must collaborate to develop best practises. Join the discussions at the Food Science Sweden Conference 2023 in Uppsala.
The reasons for making the food system more resilient are strong and compelling. Food Science Sweden’s Conference 2023 addresses the issue of food security and the need for collaboration between academia and stakeholders to develop knowledge, best practices, and innovations to improve the present state. Another topic for discussion will be the connection between food security, resilience, and a sustainable food system – do they go hand in hand?
Program for the 15th of March, 2023 at SLU in Uppsala
Registration at Adhumbla, VH-buildning
Welcome to FSS conference and SLU
Pär Forslund, Professor and Deputy Vice-Chancellor at SLU
Lovisa Madås, Moderator
What is food security? Panel discussion
- Patrik Strömer, Business Policy Expert at The Swedish Food Federation
- Gustav Helmers, Crisis management officer at The Swedish Board of Agriculture
- Robert Brummer, Chairman of Food Science Sweden and Professor of Gastroenterology and Clinical Nutrition at Örebro University
Food security and international challenges for Sweden
Henrik Bergquist, Department for Multilateral Development Banks, Sustainability and Climate, Ministry for Foreign Affairs
9.35-10.00 Research and innovation for food security
Maria Elmquist, Professor, Technology Management and Economics, Chalmers University of Technology and Patrik Myrelid, Head of Strategy at Lantmännen
Break and mingel
Food security and solutions for a sustainable food system
Helena Hansson, professor of agricultural and food economics, SLU
Research from LiFT Graduate School will ensure our future food security
Presentations of ongoing research projects within in Food Science Sweden’s LiFT program.
- Malin Barman, Chalmers University of Technology
- Therese Hjorth, Chalmers University of Technology
- Paul Plummer, Uppsala University
- Mathias Johansson, SLU
- Ansung Kim, Örebro University
- Amanda Helstad, Lund University
Poster session and coffee
Take part of the posters here
Collaboration for improved food security
- Ingrid Undeland, Professor at Chalmers University of technology and Dan Börjesson, Sales & inquiries ,Pelagic Seafood Sweden
- Åsa Håkansson, Senior Lecturer at the Department of Food Technology, Engineering and Nutrition at Lund University together with Catarina Englund, CEO, The Green Dairy Innovation AB
- Robert Brummer, Chairman at Food Science Sweden, and Pro-Vice-Chancellor Örebro University together with Anders Högberg, Research & Strategic Partnership Manager at Orkla Sweden
Break and mingle
Innovations and solutions for improved food security
New innovative research presented by:
- Maud Langton, Professor at the Department of Molecular Sciences, SLU
- Karin Gerhardt, Researcher at the Department of Urban and Rural Development, SLU
- Serina Ahlgren, Sustainability expert agriculture & food, RISE
Insights, inspirations and innovations
Summarizing the day with our panel.
15.50-16.00 Closing session
Robert Brummer, Chairman at Food Science Sweden and Pro-Vice-Chancellor Örebro Universitet
15 March 2023 at 09:00–16:00, registration from 08:30
How to get to the venue
The meeting is held at Campus Ultuna, located 7 kilometres south of Uppsala city.
The local bus line (green) No. 4, as well as regional bus (yellow) No. 100 and 101, operates on the road between the Central station in Uppsala to Campus Ultuna.
If you choose to travel by bus to Ultuna, the closest bus stop to the VHC-house (address: Ulls väg 26) is “Campus Ultuna”. Download the UL-app on App Store or Google play to see time tables and purchase a ticket.
If you rather prefer taxi we recommend Uppsala Taxi, call + 46 (0)18-100 000 to book one.