Food security is high on the agenda due to Climate change, COVID-19, and war in Europe. A robust food system is urgently needed, and owners and researchers must collaborate to develop best practises. Join the discussions at the Food Science Sweden Conference 2023 in Uppsala.
The reasons for making the food system more resilient are strong and compelling. Food Science Sweden’s Conference 2023 addresses the issue of food security and the need for collaboration between academia and stakeholders to develop knowledge, best practices, and innovations to improve the present state. Another topic for discussion will be the connection between food security, resilience, and a sustainable food system – do they go hand in hand?
Program for the 15th of March, 2023 at SLU in Uppsala
Welcome to FSS conference and SLU
Pär Forslund, deputy vice-chancellor, SLU.
Lovisa Madås, Moderator
What is food security?
- Panel discussion with
- Patrik Strömer, Business Policy Expert at Livsmedelsföretagen
- Gustav Helmers, Crisis Management Officer at The Swedish Board of Agriculture
- Robert Brummer, Chairman of Food Science Sweden and Professor of Gastroenterology and Clinical Nutrition at Örebro University
Research and innovation for food security
Maria Elmquist, Professor, Technology Management and Economics, Chalmers University of Technology and Patrik Myrelid, Head of Strategy at Lantmännen
Break and mingel
Research from LiFT Graduate School will secure our future food security
Presentations of ongoing research projects within in Food Science Sweden’s LiFT program
Food security and solutions for a sustainable food system
Helena Hansson, professor of agricultural and food economics, SLU
Collaboration for improved food security
- Åsa Håkansson, Senior Lecturer at the Department of Food Technology, Engineering and Nutrition at Lund University together with Catarina Englund, CEO, The Green Dairy Innovation AB
- Robert Brummer, Chairman at Food Science Sweden, and Pro-Vice-Chancellor Örebro University together with Anders Högberg, Research & Strategic Partnership Manager at Orkla Sweden
Break and mingle
Innovations and solutions for improved food security
New innovative research presented by:
- Maud Langton, Professor at the Department of Molecular Sciences, SLU
- Karin Gerhardt, Researcher at the Department of Urban and Rural Development, SLU
- Serina Ahlgren, Sustainability expert agriculture & food, RISE
Insights, inspirations and innovations
Summarizing the day with our panel
Robert Brummer, Chairman at Food Science Sweden and Pro-Vice-Chancellor Örebro Universitet.
Registration opens 16th of January 2023 and is open 2023-03-03 23:59. The conference is free of charge.